Minister: Oseme Ikikhueme
Topic: The importance of Prayer
Text: Colossians 4:12
“Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”
From our anchor scripture we see how important it is to pray. Epaphras labored diligently in prayers to see the saints in colosse stand perfect and complete in the will of God. James 5:16-17 also confirms how much can result from fervency in prayers.
“James 5:16-17 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.”
James said the effectual fervent prayer makes “much power available”. He used Elijah as his example who prayed that there be no rain and for three years and six months, a drop of rain never fell. Amazingly prayer doesn’t just work things for you, prayer changes things in you. The more you pray the more you are transformed to stand in the perfect will of God.
Act 6:4 “But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.”
Like the early church did we must give ourselves continually to prayer. Prayer should become our Culture and lifestyle.
Things to note before you pray:
- Reassess your hope. Col 3:3
- Get anxiety out of the way. Phil 4:6
- Do away with any unforgiving attitude. Matt 18:22-35
- Allow the Word of God permeate your heart. Rom 12:2
- That every member of Celebration Church would stand perfect in the will of God. Col 4:12
- Concerning Manifest Bible Course Abuja and Port Harcourt that the Word of God would prevail in the hearts of every one present.
- Build yourself up, Pray in the Holy Ghost.