Prayer is one of the secrets to fulfilling God’s purpose for any human as seen in the bible. It holds such a power to enforce the will and purpose of God for a person, a people group, or a thing. Jesus started His ministry praying. Paul’s conversion was followed by days of Prayer. The Apostles prayed before every important decision. Prayer will be very instrumental in birthing God’s plan and prophecies in 2022.
While praying a few days back, I wrote down some prayer points and confessions. I felt the strong nudge to share with you because I believe they are powerful and hold great potential to help deliver God’s purpose and a fruitful year.
Here are the 8 prayer points and confessions I wrote down yesterday for the year:
1. I build the necessary discipline to birth all God is committing in my care. I am not lazy, I don’t procrastinate, I am focused.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 – “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”I build the necessary discipline to birth all God is committing in my care. I am not lazy, I don’t procrastinate, I am focused. Click To Tweet
2. I discern ‘right moment, right seasons, right people’… I am always at the center of God’s will. There is no error in my life this year. No walking around blinded. I know what to do, I know where to go by the spirit.
Ish 30:21 – Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left.
Psalm 25:9 – He leads the humble in what is right and teaches them His way.
Psalm 23:3b – He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 – “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.”
Luke 16:10 – “He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.”I discern ‘right moment, right seasons, right people’… I am always at the center of God's will. There is no error in my life this year. No walking around blinded. I know what to do, I know where to go by the spirit. Click To Tweet
3. I am strengthened by the spirit in my inner man. I take my strength and motivation to continue the pursuit of God’s given pursuit from my spirit. Though the young man becomes weary and faints, I wait in the lord and he has become my strength. There is no fainting for me.
Eph 3:16 – I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.
Ish 40:30-31 – Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall. But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall. But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength – Ish 40:31 Click To Tweet
4. I will finish the race set before me. I will not fail. I will not fall. I will not be distracted.
Psalms 46:5 – God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.
Psalm 125:1 – Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion. It cannot be moved; it abides forever.
5. My heart is kept alright, focused on what God is asking me to do and why. My attitude will remain like that of Christ, humble and focused on purpose and the prize. My heart does not become envious, my heart is not taken by greed and covetousness. My heart is not taken by unhealthy comparison.
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,
8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
6. I can do all things. Nothing is impossible to me. The Holy Spirit makes it possible. Grace makes it possible.
Phil 4:13 I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] AMP
7. I am the light of the world, I am salt to this world. I am a city set on a hill, I cannot be hidden. I add value everywhere I go. I leave people and places better than I met them. My impact is felt and evident. I walk in this consciousness.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
8. Great is the glory of God in my life.
How should you use these prayer points and confessions?
- Copy or write them out to your note.
- Pray a point or all points daily. You can spend some minutes on each point.
- You can record these points and play them to yourself daily.
- Share and pray these points with others also.
This article was first published in my newsletter here. Please, feel free to share your prayer points and confessions for the year with us as a comment.
Have your content; article, video, pictures… featured across any/all Lifegiva platforms. Submit your content here; https://airtable.com/shrP7Z8nzP0nGKodQ