I am sure you’ve come across some teachings about 1000 things that will send you straight to hell. Like eating Titus and catfish, having low cut for ladies, punk for guys, wearing anything made from Jeans material, makeup, attachment, weaving natural hair, using rubber to plait hair, any cloth with stripes or pattern, jewelry…the list is endless.
What makes this such a concern is that these videos are recorded by people who claim to have had some form of supernatural revelation. Probably they have visited hellfire or heaven. Or they have once served with Lucifer in their past life. Some just mere say God showed or them in a vision. How do you verify such claims? How do check if they truly saw what they said they saw or heard?
The answer is all in the bible. God foreseeing everything the church has ever faced and will face, both in terms of doctrine and experiences has given us wisdom and guidelines to discern and judge revelations and doctrines. It’s not everyone that says “God said or I had a dream” that actually heard God o. Some heard demons.
So while we probably might not be able to see the visions with them, we can check the authenticity of their claims with what the bible teaches.It’s not everyone that says 'God said or I had a dream' that actually heard God o. Some heard demons. Click To Tweet
– Don’t take everything in the name of God Said. Test it.
Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. – 1 Thess 5:20-21
The bible instruction is first, do not despise prophesy. Don’t be one of those people who laughs at prophecies and don’t care about them, but also very important is to test everything that is said. Don’t believe everything blindly.
So, let’s bring out some bible verses to help us test these visions and experiences.
- “Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead. They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth. Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.” – 1 Timothy 4:1-4 NLT
Doesn’t the above bible verse sound like most of these people? Almost everything given to us by God to freely enjoy has been termed a sin.Don't be one of those people who laughs at prophecy and ignores them, but also very important is to test everything that is said. Don't believe everything blindly. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold… Click To Tweet
- For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. – Rom 14:17-18
We are not saved or defiled by what we eat or drink. Salvation is first, of the spirit. It is something that happened to your spirit. You become a new man, you receive a new spirit and a bunch of human rules can’t undo what the death of Christ did.We are not saved or defiled by what we eat or drink. Salvation is first, of the spirit. You become a new man, you receive a new spirit and a bunch of human rules can't undo what the death of Christ did. Click To Tweet
- 16So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. 18 Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, 20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, 21 “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? 22 Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them.
Did you see that? Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on false humility. What some people care about is how they look to people. It is all about a godly appearance and not a righteous spirit. “Such restrictions indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-prescribed worship, their false humility, and their harsh treatment of the body; but they are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.” Col 2:23 BSB
These rules have an image of godliness, but it is merely fleshly discipline. What earns us eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus, John 3:16, whoever believes is saved. What is acceptable to God is the finished works of Christ on the cross and that is done and forever settled.These rules have an image of godliness, but it is merely fleshly discipline. What earns us eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus, John 3:16, whoever believes is saved. What is acceptable to God is the finished works of Christ on… Click To Tweet
So what do we as believers do with such videos when we see them online?
1. Do not join in the spread of falsehood.
It is okay to laugh, after all, these videos and claims are funny, but do not join people in spreading the false gospel (which is no gospel at all), in the name of ‘vibes’ and ‘comedy’. Realize that there are people who do not know better, and they would believe what these people are saying, or at least be confused.It is okay to laugh at 'Mummy GO', but do not join people in spreading the false gospel, in the name of 'vibes' and 'comedy'. Realize that there are people who do not know better, and they would believe what these people are… Click To Tweet
The gospel is too important to be joked with like this, remember that the lives of people depend on this truth. It is a matter of eternal destination- it’s life and death! It would be irresponsible to joke around with it.
2. Preach the true gospel.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:16-17 NIV
The gospel is clear; Believe that Jesus is God in the flesh who became man to die for our sins. He died, was buried, and rose again never to die again. This is the gospel, that whoever believes in Him will not perish.The gospel is clear; Believe that Jesus is God in the flesh who became man to die for our sins. He died, was buried, and rose again never to die again. This is the gospel, that whoever believes in Him will not perish. Click To Tweet
How can not eating Titus fish save you? If eternal life could’ve come by any other means, do you think God would’ve needed Jesus to die? Someone had to die for you to have eternal life! People have died because of their belief in this truth, and people have suffered to preserve this truth.
The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Not football, what you eat, the hairstyle you make. It is our responsibility to spread and preserve this truth. The lives of people depend on it.
I believe this will help many people. Please share and leave a comment also.
Have your content; article, video, pictures… featured across any/all Lifegiva platforms. Submit your content here; https://airtable.com/shrP7Z8nzP0nGKodQ