Minister: Abisola Ayo Ibine.
Title: Trusting in God’s Leading.
Text: Isaiah 48:17
“This is what Yahweh, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you for your benefit, who leads you in the way you should go.”
“I trust God”, “God is able”, “God will make a way”……
The above statements and other variations of them are never far from the lips of most Christians. However, how many of us truly believe what we say? Are these statements just head knowledge to us or do we truly believe that Jesus; Our God will make a way?
Trusting in God is having complete reliance and total dependence on Him. It is not saying He will make a way and carrying on like we will create the way ourselves. It is acknowledging that there is nothing we can accomplish outside of him. As Christians, God’s leading should be of utmost value to us and we should make in first place in our lives.
Proverbs 3: 5 – 6; “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
The bible tells us that as Sons of God, we are led by His spirit (Romans 8:14). It will therefore be foolish to rely on our senses as we go about our daily lives. Hence as Christians, when making decisions, our main factor should be God’s leading.
How then do you discern God’s leading?
- Pray and Listen: Spend time in prayer concerning the decision that you are about to make. Lack of prayer is a show of self-dependence. Expect God to speak to you when you pray, listen and act accordingly.
- Study His word: Some times, we may have prayed and it seems like there is no leading from God. This is usually because He has already given us the answer in his word. Look in His word because to know God’s mind about a subject, we must study all scripture concerning that subject.
- Be responsible: Sometimes, the will of God is simply the most responsible option. There are decisions that will affect certain key areas of our lives and the only wise choice will be to avoid them.
- Be patient: We must never make any decision in a haste. Be patient. If your spirit is not at peace concerning a certain step, wait, clarity will come with time.
PRAYER FOCUS FOR THE DAY
- Jesus,I recognize your place as Lord of my life. I acknowledge you in every step I take. I trust in your leading completely and not on my senses.
- Pray for anyone you know who needs God intervention and guidance in their lives at the moment.
- Pray in the Spirit.
To stay revived, acknowledge who you are in Christ.
Glory to Jesus
Join us for live devotion with Lead Pastor Celebration Church:
Pastor Emmanuel Iren; Every day 6am and 8pm;
Follow us on http://mixlr.com/triumph30-live
Don’t miss it…God bless you.