Minister: Usikpo Paul
Title: What makes Jesus August?
Text: John 3:17
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
When people ask us why we say Jesus is August, we reply them saying He is Majestic, deserving of reverence, glorious, important etc. Today we look at what he has done to be referred to as August.
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
By Adam, sin and death passed to all men as Adam was the representation of us all: God created one man by whom the rest of Mankind was to come. Hence, when Adam sinned,everyone in Adam also sinned.
From John 3:17, we see that God’s plan has never been to condemn Mankind but that in Christ we would be saved. Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh and became the propitiation for our sins. He who had the legal right to condemn us chose to die in our place, became the sacrifice for our sins and present us justified before the Father. For this reason, Jesus is August.
Being made Ambassadors for Christ, we respond to his everlasting love:
- Preaching the Gospel; reconciling the world to Christ. (2 Cor 5:19-20)
- Forgiving everyone who offends us, because Jesus forgave us of a lot more. (Luke 17:2-4)
- Father help me to always be willing to forgive everyone who offends .
- That the hearts of everyone who is a part of MBC Abuja and Port Harcourt is receptive to the Word of God and the Word is effective in their life.
- Pray in the Holy Ghost Jude 20.
Join us for live devotion with Lead Pastor Celebration Church:
Pastor Emmanuel Iren; Every day 6am and 8pm;
Follow us on http://mixlr.com/triumph30-live
Don’t miss it…God bless you.