This is for the workaholics who don’t know what to do with themselves when they have time off work. I hope they are reading this article because they might just be buried in work. Lol.
Look guys, you’ve got to rest. Why? Because it prevents burnout, stress and other health problems. Do you have time off work? Why don’t you relax or do something fun and not too stressful? Please try not do office/freelance/remote work during your time off, okay? Come on, even God rested. I know it’s hard but it’s necessary.
Do you want to learn about how to spend time off work? Here you go:You can sleep during your free time. Click To Tweet
- Sleep: You deserve it. Trust me, your body will thank you for it. Did you know that getting enough sleep helps our brains to function properly? Now, which hardworking person doesn’t need that?
- Read a book: If you’re like me, your free time involves a book or novel waiting to be devoured. In fact, I recently found out that reading a book during time off work is not only relaxing, it’s constructive. Not a fan of reading? Perhaps the next suggestion will appeal to you.
- Visit friends: Because you work so hard, you probably don’t have time to stay in touch with your friends. Time off work is a good time to visit with them or to visit them but if you can’t meet up with them in person, then you can schedule a virtual meet up. Losing friendships because of too much work is not worth it at all.
- Have a retreat: Perhaps, your relationship with God is suffering because you’re always buried in work. Your free time can be invested in having a retreat. You can schedule some hours of the day to study and pray and if your church has a retreat in that period, you can partake. Personally, I think it’s a good strategy to plan time off work to coincide with one’s church retreat. Why? For one, it helps you to spend quality time with God. Two, you get to spend time with your church family.
- Watch a movie: I find movies to be quite relaxing because they help me forget about work and other related matters. I would suggest you curl up and watch a movie during your free time. Please don’t binge watch as that is unhealthy for you.
- Catch up on your Bible reading: Did you plan to read your Bible throughout the year and have failed at it? Well, you could use your free time to catch up.
- Clean your house: Many of us are on this table (this matter). I usually have clothes piled up when I’m working non stop. For you, it might be plates or your house is just untidy in general. Your free time can be devoted to cleaning up.
- Go Out: When was the last time you saw your city? Okay, if you live in Lagos, the traffic jam hub, don’t worry. Lol. But seriously, you could go out in your free time to the park, cinema, for a karaoke, to an art gallery, the museum or just to take a walk. Going out helps us to stretch our muscles especially if our work is a sedentary one.
There are many ways to take time off work, you just need to find something that helps you to relax.Did you plan to read your Bible throughout the year and have failed at it? Well, you could use your free time to catch up. Click To Tweet
Do you have other suggestions? Please comment below.