The uncertainties of life makes many to put off their passion for pension but nowadays, the economic situation has set a platform for people to mind their own business. Research shows that there is always an explosion of business startups globally after economic depressions. This makes people to focus more on their gifts, talents, abilities and knowledge when there are no jobs to go to. Ride on the waves of change, you do not need to wait to lose your job before you follow purpose. You have everything you need to fulfil your dreams.
“ Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody” 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
The great book says it all. To be successful in life, you have to concentrate on your own affairs and not interfering into other people’s own. Even if you work for a company or someone, make sure you share in their vision ensuring that your interests and business aligns with their vision.
Oftentimes, people tend to relegate the purpose for their life when they secure a job. You can work diligently and whole heartedly for someone and still mind your own business. In life, not all of us are going to be visionaries; some of us are called to be vision-carriers. In other words, you implicitly fulfill your purpose helping someone else fulfill theirs, but the sooner you acknowledge this and keep at it, the better. This will save you a whole lot of roaming around.
Living on Purpose is essential in minding your business. Why exactly do you exist?
Purpose is the source for fulfillment. Until purpose is known, existence has no meaning.
I noticed that most at times most people spend so much living a frustrating and unfulfilled life, jumping around from place to place because they fail to realize that the purpose for which they exist lies in God’s hands and they can only discover it by consistently asking him to reveal it to them.
The fact that you do a lot of stuff does not necessarily imply that you are fulfilling purpose. It will shock you the day find out.
In minding your Business and living on purpose
- Ask God for Direction – Jeremiah 29; 11 says for I know the plans I have for you declares the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Wisdom demands, we ask our creator to lead us through life in minding our business.
- Start now– whatever you want to do, now is the best time for you to do it. Take little steps and keep moving on.
- Use what you have to get what you want– what you have is more than enough. Use what you have, not what you don’t have, or what is in someone else’s hand. God always gives resources that are proportionate to your assignment. The greater your purpose in life, the more the resources assigned.
- Use your Mind– think positively, discipline your thoughts toward creating our own experience, and allow others the same opportunity. It could be discouraging to consider your present situation or position in life in the light of where you are supposed to be. The difference between where you are right now and your destination in life is all in the mind.
- Stay Focused– The only person you are competing with is yourself. Decide today to run your own lane regardless of what is happening. Don’t give up, keep working diligently.
- Believe in yourself– Believe in your dreams, position yourself to be the best in whatsoever you do in life. Don’t be threatened by the gifts or talents of people who are already in the game or those who have achieved success in your area of interest. Choose to celebrate people’s moments; using it as a motivation in refining, refocusing, and redeploying your gifts.
When you learn how to mind your own business while keeping a job, soon your business would outgrow your job and your true greatness would emerge.
The story of the biblical character, Jacob demonstrates how minding one’s business could lead to greatness. Jacob was contracted by his uncle Laban to tend his sheep, but because Jacob focused on minding his own business while working diligently and faithfully, God gave him the opportunity to become an entrepreneur running his own show. As you commence minding your own business alongside your job, be diligent, hardworking and ethical in all your activities.
Learn to direct your energy and time on your strengths and abilities even as you decide to mind your own business. You were created to mind your own business.
Bear in mind, until you are excited going to work on Mondays and happy about whatsoever you are doing, wherever you are, you are not minding your own business!
The best business is to mind your own.
God Bless you.
First published on the Motivators International Magazine, Second edition November 2015 “Reaching for the stars”