People are often attracted to others who make them feel good about themselves and they are generous to those who have shown them generosity.
The journey to significance is paved with lessons and encounters, and you never know who you will meet along the way or come across again later on. The secret is to be kind to everyone you can.
Being Kind towards others can lead to us succeeding in life because a generous person is not regarded as a threat.
[Tweet “Significance is all about balancing all areas of life, mind, body, heart and spirit and making sure that they are in harmony.”] We don’t experience success if we constantly act selfish, hate the way we look, have no real friends and don’t show any act of kindness. Click To Tweet
We can achieve so much with kindness, but are we willing to use our good heart? Are we willing to let go of our need to constantly compete with others and try to be better than they are? What about being better than yourself? Have you ever considered this option?
Many of you may have seen the movie ‘Pay It Forward’ or have read the novel, it’s a story about a young boy who did 3 good deeds for others in need. In return, all that the child wanted was that they pass on the good deed to three other people and keep the cycle going.
One good deed might not seem like much, but if everyone did something good for someone else, then the cycle of kindness can spark us to become better people.
So how does it work?
If you receive a pay or a gift, don’t pay it back, pay it forward to three other people and ask them to do the same.
Here’s some examples that might help give you some ideas
- Build a dictionary of kind words and say it to people you meet on your way.
- Donate some money to your favorite charity – perhaps you can collect some donation money from people at work.
- Tell the manager of a restaurant how great his waiter/waitress was. This can happen in any business you visit. Aim at brightening someone else’s day.
- Visit an elderly neighbor’s house and ask them if you could help them with anything they need.
- If you are washing your own car or mowing your own lawn, do the same for your next door neighbor
- Everywhere you go, at your office, Bank, thank everyone. Everyone’s part is essential and no one’s job is purposeless. Thank the mail guy, the cleaner, or the door person.
- Be a mentor for someone who needs some support.
- Do some work for a client or one that can’t afford your services free of charge – just ask that they pay it forward.
You don’t need a reason to help someone, Kindness is free and contagious all you need to do is to pay it forward.
Read all the posts under THE JOURNEY TO SIGNIFICANCE via this link https://www.lifegiva.com/tag/significance/
Have a great week.
God Bless you.
* * *
Thank you for reading another episode of The Journey to Significance, Hoping you’ll leave a comment also.
Writter by: Adekunle Oluwadara