And here they are, make sure you don’t speed read, but suck in all the lessons one after the other;
1. There’s a purpose God placed you in the family you were born into. I was born out of wedlock, mom and dad married separate people and so all my siblings are steps.. accepting this made me stronger and closer to God. I used to tell myself God wanted me to be fully His so He put me in between 2 families.
2. People, especially your family have their expectations of what they want you to become, but you have the choice to either fulfill their expectations or fulfill your purpose.
4. Nothing happens by coincidence.. If it happened then it was part of the plan from the beginning; there’s a purpose for it.
5. Your life truly begins when you discover your purpose and begin to live it.
6. Sometimes you don’t have to know exactly what you want, as long as you know what you don’t want.
7. I relied on my dad for almost everything; when he died I learnt to fully rely on the Dad who never dies.
8. Old friends are great; so are new friends too. As long as both categories share the same values as you do and the relationship is mutually beneficial.
9. Being friends with those older, wiser and smarter than you takes you steps above your peers.
10. On the contrary, life is a bed of roses; people just don’t see the thorns beneath the roses. In other words, you might see how beautiful my life is but you don’t see the sleepless nights, the praying, fasting, growing and sacrificing.
11. Some people (friendships) are for a season… when their season is over, don’t sweat it.
12. If God makes you wait for something you really desire, you can be sure what He’d give you will surpass your expectations.
13. One of the best things in life is discovering your purpose early and pursuing it.
14. Nothing is as fulfilling as marrying someone who supports you, allows you to be yourself and helps you grow.
15. To have a beautiful marriage requires a lot of dying to self (both parties).
16. Words are really powerful. The words you speak determine how beautiful or ugly your life will be.
17. If you want to do something, just do it! Don’t wait till you think you’re qualified enough or till you have more funds. I did not think I was qualified enough to write my first book, but I did it anyway.
18. It’s ironic but I’ve learnt that if you want to have more, give more. The more you give, the more you have.. whatever it is.
19. One of the most challenging yet most fulfilling job ever is being a mom. You don’t realise how really strong you are until you become a mother.
21. You attract the kind of people you truly are.
22. People will connect more with you and open up more when they see that you are real and being yourself.
23. You don’t have to connect physically with people for them to mentor you. Most of what they will tell you is in their books or other materials-offline or online.
24. To be great, you’re going to have to take risks and be prepared to face opposition. Not everyone is going to support you and that’s OK.
25. Life is as beautiful as you decide it is. It’s all up to you!
Happy Birthday Funto
Funto Ibuoye is the founder of The Beautified Network, a for-purpose initiative that is focused on enabling women discover and live in the fullness of their God given purposes. She authored her first book in 2013-beautified which is every woman’s guide to true beauty, outstanding makeup, exquisite style and pure inspiration. And her second book- The 31 Woman in July, 2015.
Facebook: Funto Ibuoye