I am sure that about 70% of Lifegiva blog readers know this song.
“Prayer is the key, prayer is the key, prayer is the master key. Jesus started with prayer, and ended with prayer, prayer is the master key”
Well, that song should have already given us an idea of what the very first, and most important thing to do each day should be.
So without further ado, let’s go through this amazing journey.
- Pray – When you wake up, you really do not have to say a 20-minute long prayer. Something as simple as “Thank you Jesus for this wonderful day. I speak life into today”, or even just 5 minutes of speaking in tongues is enough. If you are like me and you know you’ll promptly doze off while lying down, sitting up, or standing while praying could remedy the situation.
- Drink Water – I know this is kind of weird because we are not like the abroad people who take teeth brushing before going to bed as a big deal. So, i’ll advice you do this after brushing your teeth. A bottle/sachet of water will do wonders for you.
- Quiet Time – This could come before or after your regular morning drills (brushing, bathing, making breakfast, etc). Just find a really quiet (like the name says) place where you can focus and be in tune with God, and it would help if you are alone in this place. Feel free to bust out your journals, devotionals, highlighters, a cup of coffee, and other items that could make your bible study much easier.
- Morning Drills – This is the basic morning stuff we do. Chores, preparing breakfast, taking the kids to school, working out, whatever you do in the morning. Go about doing your morning drills with joy. Brighten up that room, open the curtains, let the sunlight in, drop Junior and Tito at school, do that 1 mile jog you’ve always wanted to do, prepare that delicious french toast with whipped cream for the family. You catch my drift. Just have fun doing your morning drills.
- Plan Your To-Do List – It is most advisable to plan your To-Do list the day before, but if you forget (or are just plain lazy) and have to do it on the day, then it’s fine. Your To-Do list is basically a list where you put down all the tasks you have to do in a day. It helps in organizing and making your day more productive. When you complete a task, you could cross it out and have the satisfaction of knowing you got something done.
Inasmuch as we may plan our days, or start the day out on a seemingly good note, we must ALWAYS remember to include God in all our arrangements.
We know that man proposes, but God disposes. So if you do not want your well-thought plans to fly out the window, make sure to put them into the hands of God.
Ask for direction and guidance in order to make your day the best one yet.
Remember Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Please do leave a comment below of other things you do to make your day awesome, and don’t forget to show some love by sharing this post.
Have an amazing day!