Let us be sincere, nobody was born with the manual to “winning that chic”, We all have to learn. And some of my fellow brothers are still single because they are still making the same mistakes over and over again. The guys that seems to be smooth and have more charm and charisma than the other don’t have two heads, they have just learned and master what works, and of course, worked on themselves.
I asked ladies that to share with me the mistakes guys have made in approaching or professing love to them, and here we go. Sit down, grab your pop corn if you are dating, but get a pen and a jotter if you are single.
1. Some guys don’t make up their minds about a lady, so when the lady meets another guy that is serious, she will leave that unserious once. Then some guys sef wants to be single, all they want is a sex partner. – Olureni OlajumokeSome guys don't make up their minds about a lady, so when the lady meets another guy that is serious, she will leave that unserious once. Click To Tweet
2. Talk too much😂😂😂. They talk about themselves too much. 90% of every conversation is about them.🤣😂 – Kennis Kenena
3. Assuming a particular lady understands your interest in her and not approaching her in the right way. – Oyeniran TópéAssuming a particular lady understands your interest in her and not telling her outrightly. Click To Tweet
4. Wrong approach to matters of the heart😂😂. I remember one guy who met me at the conference for the first time. He asked for my number and I did. The first time we had a conversation, which was over the phone btw, he said he was looking for a friend. Then asked if I wanted to ask anything before he goes ahead. I said no because I was curious as to where this was leading to. Then he said he wants not just a friend but someone who will be a mother and a sister as well. I’m like what 🤷🏽♀you don’t even know me – Yeside
5. Bad fashion sense. Idg it🙄
– Fake deep. Lol. These things are discernible especially by children of God… So like don’t form fake deep. You’ll be caught 🌚.
– Lack of leadership skills. Lol. Might sound deep but it’s true at least for me. When someone who is meant to be your husband in a few year doesn’t lead in his own life… Makes it hard to imagine him leading you.
– Personal hygiene. Bad breath😭 – Ozioma Paul
6. – Nice but can’t lead or take a stand, so we just enjoy having you as a friend but we can’t commit to you.
Not having a healthy sense of humour.
Body odour, Mouth Odour.
Cannot hold a conversation. Can’t discuss intelligently.
Having a 1962 mentality of a man/woman’s role in a home.
Being too prideful.
Unwillingness to have an open mind and learn.
Not being well-groomed. – Cecilia Ugah
7. They assume the ladies they like are dating without inquiring – Ihilesen
8. Sending mixed signals.
Inept social skills.
Poor grooming (dirtiness) – Bolanle Abiola
9. If I’m open minded, always ready to go through hard times, be mentally prepared that it’s not all🌷… from how we deal with other life issues, even friendships, we would get to see a lot still would take that character into marriage without remembering what ‘for worse is’ – Victoria Walter
10. Insensitive, Arrogant, Rude. Not genuinely interested in knowing you. Doesn’t pay attention.
Uncourteous with treating me.Unkind- Fumnanya Eloke
11. Putting their hands on a lady’s waist for a picture when we are just at “hi, how are you doing”. Hello Uncle sir, please put in your pocket or on the cross.
-Having your parents call her when she hasn’t even said yes. Kai! Beht y??
-Bad mouthing your exs’ will not help your cause. – Pelumi Ogunbiyi
12. Some guys tend to be intimidated by the girl they like, such that it gives them cold feet to approach her to ask her out. They dull it.
Some don’t go all out for what they want, and before you know it, she has put you in a friend-zone, sometimes, another person has made the move. So come out plain, come out straight, state what you want.
Most guys needs to change their mindset as regarding dating and relationship. Throw traditions or what you think is right or how it should be done away. Open your mind to learning, unlearning and relearning. – Amaka Oguike.
13. I’ll have said, “always saying yes to her or agreeing to her every word, just cuz you want to impress/please her”, I think it’s okay to have an opinion, if it’s not in agreement with her own, it makes room more conversation, which will make you both see how each other’s mind works. Then you’ll decide whether or not you two are compatible. – Deborah Oguike
Okay brothers, let’s get to work. Let us throw away all our excuse and do our part of the work. Improve yourself. I wish you success in your future wooing adventure.
Read also – Reasons Why You Might Still Be Single