What are the rules of the talking stage? What are the dos and don’ts? I took to my Instagram to ask that question, and of all the many replies I got, here are a few I think everyone can agree on.
I find it important to share because some people prey on other people’s emotions and availability in the name of the talking stage. So you need to know what the boundaries are, so you can walk away when someone is crossing them.
So, here are the Dos And Don’ts Of The Talking Stage
- Don’t call me baby 😂
- No expectations without clear communication (We are obviously talking to other people so don’t stress me)
- If you start to catch feelings, say it early.
- Let’s take it slow. Don’t start talking to me every day and then suddenly change the energy so it’s best to take it slow.
- If you’re no longer interested, no problem. It’s not a fight. Just reduce your consistency and don’t keep me hanging
- If you want more after all the talking, say it clearly…but be sure because I don’t have the strength for confusion.
- Next stage is an exclusive dating relationship
- Don’t make unnecessary promises.
- Don’t give out important or sensitive information about your past, present and future.
- Be open-minded not all talking stages should lead to a romantic relationship, you may find your investor, employer, or even In-law😉
- Talking stage should end when reg flags are obvious ( especially different values)
- Personally, I don’t have the energy to actively be in more than one talking stage at a time.
- Most importantly when you want to end a talking stage, please give the person closure as much as possible; let them know why you have to stop talking, don’t just stop talking and then pretend we were never close🥺
- Do: Tell me what you’re looking for in this talking stage, let nobody be unfortunate.
- Don’t expect me to chase other guys away. On the streets till officially off the streets.
- How long should it last?: After 2 weeks MAX do you like me or not? If yes, 2 more weeks and we’re both off the streets. Total= 4 weeks.
- How many talking stages at a time? – As many talking stages as the Lord says my power can carry.
- How do you exit a talking stage when you don’t want to talk again? – “I don’t see anything romantic happening between us” OR Slower replies🏃🏽♀️🏃🏽♀️🏃🏽♀️
- How do you transition a talking stage to the next stage? – “Hello sir. Do you like me enough for us to date? “.
- Emotional maturity
- Define the relationship.
- Don’t waste people’s time if you are not interested. Stop it today if you are guilty.
- Stop stringing people along oh.
- If you call me every day for 2weeks and you don’t speak up, I will block you. Know this and know peace its nothing personal.
- Don’t tell me to ask about your day and call me consistently and expect that I don’t catch feelings.
I hope this article on The Dos And Don’ts Of The Talking Stage has given you a better knowledge of this subject. Do you have any contributions, scroll down to the comments and leave one.
The original post was here on my Instagram page.